The Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) provides death, disability, and pension retirement benefits to employees of local governments and school districts in Illinois (with the exception of the City of Chicago and Cook County). IMRF is the second largest—and best funded—statewide public pension system in Illinois, serving approximately 3,000 municipal employers in the State. We are an award-winning organization, located in Oak Brook.
Plan, direct, and coordinate activities that maintain IMRF facilities, and manage activities that include recordkeeping, mail distribution, print operations, and office upkeep.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for effectively managing the activities of the Records Unit, Mail Center, Digital Print Center, and Facilities Maintenance
• Responsible for short and long-term operational strategy for the department including policy development, interpretation and implementation; performance standards, hiring, performance management, terminations, salary administration, training, and development.
• Responsible for hiring, performance management, terminations, promotions, and training/development for all Office Services staff; Develop strategies to successfully hire, on-board and retain employees, demonstrate our Values, and exhibit a positive attitude.
• Determine and allocate staff resources to accomplish department goals. Supervise the department Analyst with responsibility for technical support, training, procedures, quality analysis and other duties.
• Develop and prepare the annual budget for the Office Services Department including long-term capital project planning.
• Review and approve department expenditures.
• Support the mission and vision of IMRF through demonstrated actions and leadership.
• Participate in and support IMRF's continuous process improvement efforts, strategic objectives and action plans.
• Ensure that all department employees are trained as appropriate including staff cross-training.
• Prepare monthly reports.
• Coordinate with external consultants and contractors for Mail Center goods and services
• Ensure the timely and accurate processing and auditing of member plan enrollments; beneficiary forms; electronic content management and records workflows.
• Manage the activities of the Records Retention Officer (Records & Mail Processing Supervisor) for the IMRF Records Retention Program and point of contact or the Local State Archives Office.
• Ensure data capture, analysis, review, and processing of Fund-wide paper and electronic records and media in accordance with Local State Archivist requirements and business unit productivity standards.
• Ensure the creation, tracking, retention, and destruction practices surrounding IMRF's paper and electronic records in compliance with the Local Records Unit, Illinois State Archives regulations and industry best practices.
• Coordinate Tenant Improvement projects
• Responsible for the physical space occupied by IMRF in both Oak Brook and Springfield and acts as primary liaison with building management.
• Responsible for the normal everyday upkeep of the physical offices, including recommending special cleanings, recommending projects to keep the physical space clean and up kept.
• Responsible for the Mail Center and Digital Print Center equipment; including maintenance upkeep and recommending replacements when appropriate.
• Act as back-up to process enrollment applications and beneficiary forms for IMRF staff with utmost confidentiality.
This position has three direct reports: Records and Mail Processing Supervisor, Office Services Analyst and the Digital Print Coordinator. Indirect reports include the Mail Center and Records Staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university is required. A business major is strongly preferred.
• At least five years related experience providing office services, facilities and/or customer service support.
• Two to three years of supervisory or managerial experience.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Understanding of U.S. postal regulations and the ability to use or learn the use mail center equipment and software preferred.
• Generous insurance benefits, including medical and dental.
• 35-hour base work week, Monday - Friday
• Death, disability, and pension retirement benefits as a member of IMRF
• Paid vacation, 12-13 paid holidays and 2 personal days
• Tuition reimbursement
• Business casual attire
• Award-winning organizational approach to performance excellence
To apply for this position go to www.imrf.org (look under the about IMRF section)